I participated in the Java Summit event on 16-4-2011(Saturday). This is a two days event organized by Java User Group Chennai(JUGC) and this is the first event of JUGC. The event took place at Tenth Planet Technologies located at Anna Salai (opposite to LIC).
In this event there where many talks on various interesting topics by various speakers. The below are all the topics on which talks was given on first day of the event.
- NoSQL - Speaker : Mani Duraisamy (CTO of OrangeScape)
- Mirah – Speaker : A.Senthil Nayagam (Co-Founder and CEO of RailsFactory)
- JRuby – Speaker : Vagmi Mudumbai (Founder and CTO of Artha42 Innovations)
- WeaverFX - Speaker : Veerendra Nagabhirava
(Founder and creator of WeaverFx)
- Managing Software Development using BDD and TDD
- Rajesh S (Delivery Manager at CoreObjects)
- Venkatesh S (Technical enthusiast and contributor for opensource projects)
All the topics where very interesting and useful. I learnt some JVM languages like Mirah, JRuby etc and other technologies. This is the first time I am attending the JUGC event and I was very happy to be part of this great event. I wish and expect JUGC to organize many events like this in the future.